Oakville Web Hosting Service to meet your needs.
Web hosting is a service. It will among other things:
- house your website and all your content.
- provide the hardware, software and processes required by your website to function in the internet
Various companies can provide such services. These companies own servers (computers with a lot of memory , storage and bandwidth). One of these server will be assigned to house your Website.
When someone wants to view your website, all they need to do is type your website address into their browser. Their computer will then connect to your server and your web pages will be delivered to them through the browser.
A domain name is required for hosting your website. If you do not have a domain we will help you purchase one
Why do I need a Web Hosting Company?
To get your website live on the internet, you need the services of a web hosting provider. A web hosting account makes it possible for your website to be accessed on the web.
Think of Web hosting as:
- renting server space on a server where your
- web files ( pictures, articles, etc) will be stored
- software need to run your website(wordpress, sql server, tomcat etc) will reside
- renting cpu power to run your website so pages from your website can be fetched to those looking for them.
- your very own piece of online real estate.
There are multiple hosting services available at various price points. You should try to match the service with your requirements. Finding the sweet spot is not going to be easy. You don’t want to pay more than you have to. At the same time going for a cheap option may result in bad performance of your site.
Some of the most known providers are:
There are many types of Web hosts and Web hosting services. These include:
- Shared Web Hosting: Numerous sites are hosted on the same server. This is the cheapest option because the cost to operate the server is shared between you and these other owners.
- Reseller Hosting: Clients are allowed to be Web hosts themselves.
- Dedicated Hosting: The client/user gains full control of the server, but often does not actually own the hardware. Its a high end option since you are responsible for the cost of server operation entirely
- Managed Hosting: The user/client does not have full control, allowing the Web host to assure the quality of the service. The user may manage data using FTP or remote management tools.
- Cloud Hosting
- Cluster Hosting
- Grid Hosting
- Collocated Hosting. You will purchase your own server and have it housed at a web host’s facilities. You have full control of the server.
How to select a web hosting provider
Speed, support and security should be your main factor when deciding on a hosting provider. Web hosting plans are available in a wide range of prices ranging from $100 yearly to thousands of dollars monthly.
To better understand what type of plan you need you should do your homework. Figure out the following:
- Decide how much support you will need based on your technical expertise.
- Estimate the amount of traffic you expect.
- Understand web hosting server types.
- Know your web site security requirements.
If you are not sure take the easy and road and hire a professional web designer to select the proper plan based on your existing requriements.